As many of you know, one of my more prominent side projects of late has been HapiMoney, a financial planning site aimed at young professionals. For the last few months, I’ve been developing the site, mostly on my own, on nights and weekends whenever I can find free time. Development has been slow considering I’ve had to teach myself html, css, and php – and now, I’ve reached the limits of what I can reasonably do by myself.
For this reason, I’m looking to scale, and I’m looking for, well, for lack of better words, a “rockstar”. While the term “rockstar” has been incredibly overused over the last few years, it really describes who I want – someone so disgustingly good that it makes you want to be their groupie.
Who (or what) you should be
- Someone with demonstrable code – a site or side project that you’ve developed.
- An affinity for design – you’ll notice that HapiMoney isn’t great, and it needs to be improved!
- Expertise with html, css, mysql, and php for now. Ruby or Django would be a huge plus.
- Someone who takes pride in clean code and fast prototyping.
- You should have a brokerage account, and know the basics of personal finance.
- You should be genuinely interested in personal finance!
Time requirements are very flexible. This is not a full time gig (yet) so if you are looking to just get your feet wet, this might be perfect for you. We all know that selecting a co-founder is a delicate process, so let’s get together over a beer and talk.
If you are interested please email me at email@example.com or find me on twitter @alexanderking.
If you know someone who might be interested, please forward this on!